Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jule is Happy???

For those of you who have read my blog from the beginning, you know that Jule has been a very difficult baby. So much has been involved in his first 10 months of life. He was in the NICU for his first week, then he developed severe reflux (which he still has, but it's better than it was), he had multiple ear infections, he got tubes and still got an ear infection, he had to have his circumcision at 9 months because he was too sick as an infant, and he has been sick almost nonstop from Thanksgiving until a couple of weeks ago. All of this has made for a very unhappy baby. It is not unusual for most of my work evenings to be spent trying to make him happy...some how, some way. It's understandable because he just doesn't feel good, and it's frustrating because there is nothing I can do about it.

Then, like someone turned a switch, Jule became happy. It started yesterday. The babysitter noticed that he was a different baby, and I found myself watching him in awe in the evenings as he played happily and jabbered rather than screamed his way through our nightly routine! My sweet baby boy is playing ALONE, watching his sissy and smiling. He has been spitting up a LOT, and I think that's because he is crawling a lot and not upright as much as he had been...but who cares...he's happy! I will clean up spit-up all day if he's happy! The entire downstairs of our house is clean before 9:00 because he allowed me to alternate between playing with he and Noly and cleaning.

This post is probably already too long, but I am just thrilled. I can only thank the One Who created him. Whatever will I do with myself in the evening when I don't have to spend every spare moment after their bedtime cleaning??? Woo-Hoo!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Awww, that is so sweet!! It must make your heart sing to see him so happy!!