Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hair, Hair & More Hair

That is what came into my life with the birth of Jule...




I have never seen so much hair on a baby! I don't even know what to do with it but run my fingers through it. Neither of us has curls, so I am at a loss on what will make it look the best. I do put Johnson & Johnson's leave-in conditioner in it or he gets TONS of tangles. The first pic is on a "good" hair day, and the second pic is from this morning...probably a "bad" hair day in the life of a curly-headed baby.

Yesterday, I mentioned invisible braids to my babysitter. She had never seen one, so I put one in Noly's hair this morning:

It's a lot of work to braid a 3-year-old's hair because they don't sit still for long. We even put a little hairspray in it since she has baby-soft hair. I wonder what it will look like when I pick her up this afternoon?
Picking up from where I left off...
I met Kevin online on June 6, 1998. We talked for a long time online just getting to know each other. Eventually, I gave him my number and he called me. I met him on September 12, 1998. I moved back down south to get to know him IRL, and we were married in April of 2000.
He knew that I had not been pregnant before, but he was very much open to adoption if we had to take that route. We didn't really become serious about having children until I graduated from college in 2002. In 2003, I went into the Master's Program and also went to the doctor to see what avenues we should explore. The doctor told me we would get aggressive if I wasn't pregnant in 6 more months. I figured, "What is 6 months after 9 years?"
In the 2 months after going to the doctor, God reminded me of something He had spoken to me when I was 14..."You will have a son." But how???

No comments: