Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12, 2004

Sometimes, I like to look back in my journal to see where I was years ago on the same date. Here is a portion of what I wrote..."God, I ask You every day to give me a son, to give me Jule, knowing all the while that he is Yours. I have to trust You with his life before it even exists here on earth..." Five years ago, I prayed daily for a son, and today, I not only have a son but a daughter too. As I sit here typing, I am listening to my daughter (who is supposed to be sleeping) jumping around in her room, and I am watching my sleeping son's little curly head on the video monitor. God has been more than just faithful...He has been very generous to fill up my heart with these two.

Five years ago, I noted that I had just been through my 4th miscarriage. I was in great agony. Psalm 34:6 says, "This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles." There were days...months...that I wondered if He heard me. He did, but sometimes it just didn't feel like it. He even heard my nearly-silent breaths while I was sleeping, just as I can hear Jule right now. He may not know it, but I can see and hear him, and I love him whether he can understand it or not. Isn't that just the way that God is!

2 comments:

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

It is so neat to look back and see how our lives change, sometimes in the blink of an eye!

I found you from the Williams Family blog. Blessings on your beautiful family!
Jennifer (a Texan living in Bolivia)

Heather said...

Bolivia! How do you like it there? I bet it is so different than Texas!
I LOVE Patrice's blog. I don't know her IRL, but she is such a treasure, and I love reading about sweet Jonah. I pray for him often.