Monday, May 11, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

I am home today!!! Woo-Hoo! Apparently, it's Confederate Memorial Day and State employees get a paid day off! I spent the morning cleaning up from a busy weekend. Kevin took the kids this morning since the sitter was not taking the day off. I went to pick Noly up from Preschool at noon and brought her home to have some special time with Mommy. Her little eyes lit up when I told her it would just be her and I. We've had a nice afternoon, and she's asleep right now....


Saturday, I played with the kids then went to music rehearsal at 2:00. We had an awesome service at 5, and I couldn't wait to go back to sing again on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, I had a terrible migraine all through the night Saturday night, and I couldn't get out of bed in the morning. Kevin took care of the kids and even went out with Noly to buy me roses during Jule's nap. His parents came over around 4:30. His mom did NOT look good. Her chemo treatments have been taking a toll on her. I could tell that Kevin, his brother and his sister were all very concerned. It seemed to brighten Sara's day to see the kids, but she couldn't really hold them. I'm praying that these treatments help her feel better and not continually worse. Noly cried uncontrollably when her grandparents left. She just doesn't understand why Memaw can't spend time with her like she used to. I'm not sure what to say to a 3-year-old except that Memaw is sick and that we need to pray for her.

Well, I'd better wake Noly up so we can go get Jule. It looks like it's going to rain again...oh well.

No comments: