Friday, May 22, 2009

The Stone has Passed

....to Kevin's bladder that is. It hasn't left his body yet, but he is not in pain anymore. The meds they gave him were excellent at keeping the pain to a dull ache. He slept for 10 hours and woke up with no pain, so he's driving back home right now. There is so much to do before we leave tonight, and I hope it's not 10 PM before we leave the house. Kevin, the kids & I will be in our truck, and Kevin's sister will be following us in her car with her 12-year-old daughter and her friend. So, is it easier to drive with a baby and a toddler in the car or with two 12-year-old girls? : )

Last night, Noly wet her pants twice. She hasn't done that since she potty trained like 2 months ago. I'm not sure if she was sensing my overwhelming stress or what. I was ready to unpack all of my hard work from the week and call off the trip, but I didn't. Jule was getting into everything. When I blocked off one part of the house, he'd find something else to get into in another part. He is ALL boy and nothing like Noly in personality. I tell him "no" firmly, but he really does not understand yet. I had to take a bite of dinner, chase him, take another bite, move him, take another bite, run after him....and so it went on. Later on in the evening, I showed him a Pooh stuffed toy and asked him where Pooh's eye was. He studied Pooh's face and then pointed to his eye and said, "eye." No joke! I wish Kevin had been home to hear it! He calls Noly "sisssss." I'm amazed at all the words he has already! Noly didn't say very much until we got her tubes put in at 18 months. I think there was just too much fluid in her ears all the time.

I'm hoping that Disney and a refreshing outdoor concert provide the fun and relaxation we have been so desperately needing. I found out about some new things in Disney that I can't wait to show Noly. I think she will be in awe when she sees Cinderella's castle since it is where Princesses live. Calgon...errr, ummm...Disney, take me away!

No comments: