Thursday, May 21, 2009

For Crying Out Loud!!!

Today has been nothing short of overwhelming and frustrating. Kevin called me early this morning to tell me that he was in severe abdominal pain. He was over 5 hours away at a hotel, and I told him to get to the nearest ER. We found out he has a kidney stone. They pumped him full of pain meds and basically told him to get a hotel and wait it out...that it should pass in 12 hours. This means he has to be in a hotel...alone...with a mixture of meds and in pain. They told him to drink 2 beers because it opens up the urethra and makes it easier for the stone to pass. Too bad he doesn't like beer. He is driving as close as he can to home, then he will stop at a hotel when the pain starts to get bad again. At that point, he can take all of the meds and drink the beer. Hopefully, this will all be over by midnight tonight.

When I leave work in an hour, I have to go pick up the kids and break the news to Noly that we're not leaving for Disney World tonight. Ugh. It breaks my heart to break hers. We're hoping to leave tomorrow night if Kevin is ok by then. It's just so frustrating that something like this seems to happen every time we try to do something fun. We drove 4 out of 15 hours at Christmas only to turn around and come back home because Jule was screaming while driving through the mountains. My poor mom and dad were devastated, and so were we. Poor Noly isn't old enough to understand all the whys. I don't want to disappoint her again. I don't want her to think that Mommy & Daddy are lying when they say we are going to go somewhere fun.

Could we just start the day over?

Psalm 94:17-19 "Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul."

No comments: