Friday, May 15, 2009

"You Will Have a Son"

One day, when I was 14, I was reading my Bible and praying, and God spoke to my heart, "You will have a son." I didn't think much of it because I was not even able to date at the time. It's so strange how such a seemingly obvious word at such an early age became something I would have to cling to in my adult years.

After I went to the doctor, we began attentively trying. I bought the beautiful little ovulation tests that are supposed to accurately tell you the best times to try to get pregnant. Although we were trying, I was an emotional mess inside. I had a hard time believing it would happen after all these years. I was laying awake one night crying around 2 am, and I felt a nudging to get up and read I Samuel. I wasn't even sure what it was about, but I knew I had to read it. It was the story of Hannah and Samuel. Hannah was distraught because she wanted a baby so badly, and God gave her a son. Once again, the word that God has spoken to me before rang through, and I began to ask God daily for a son. I had a renewed hope, but I was also not sure in what way God would bring me a son.

No comments: