Tuesday, June 2, 2009

When God Shows Up....

Your husband is in pain from kidney stones for many days...

Your washer breaks when you have 3 different outfits in it that you plan to choose from to sing in just a few hours...

You put on flip flops with your outfit instead of heels (and the flip flops don't match) as you head out the door to sing...

Your stomach is very upset from stress...

But none of it matters because God shows up! It's all worth it, and all else fades away into the background because His presence drives it all away.

That's how my weekend went. It was very rough and stressful, but I was determined to sing. We had three amazing services, and I don't think any of us ever wanted to leave the 11:00 service. God's presence was so powerful, and I believe that many people's lives were changed...I know mine was! If you get a chance, read "The Bait of Satan" by John Bevere. It will change the way you respond to "offenses." I hate to read, but I did work my way through it a couple of years ago. This weekend's services reminded me about what I read and changed the way that Kevin and I handled a situation with his parents. We were close to ending contact with them, but we chose to forgive AND to set up boundaries for the future.

1 comment:

Helene said...

You have such an amazing attitude! I could learn a lot from you!