Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's Audit Season

I finally got caught up on my work for today. Our Fiscal Year-End is June 30, so that means that most people across the University will wait until now to do what they should have been doing year-round...balance their books. This makes the end of May/beginning of June VERY busy for me at work. On top of that, the auditors are here for their preliminary work. It's not a problem...just makes me VERY busy!

Last night, we put Jule to bed at 7:30, and he promptly fell asleep. That is, until 9:00. He woke up crying, and we thought he was probably teething, so we got him up to give him some Motrin. The kind-of nice thing about him is that you can make him happy by giving him undivided attention even if he is in a little pain. So, we played with him until the Motrin kicked in. He ate up the attention. He was crawling around, then looking back at us and smiling. He was babbling non-stop, and we were laughing at him. It was so much fun! Since Noly was asleep, he had us both all to himself, and he loved it! He lasted until 10, and we decided he was going to bed whether he was tired or not. He played in his crib for awhile then fell asleep for the rest of the night.

Kevin woke up in even worse pain today, so we both think that maybe the stone is on the move. This is taking forever! I know he has to be ready to move on with normal life without pain! Hopefully, it will pass before our trip to Indiana so he can enjoy an entire week with help with the kids and nothing pressing to do. I think my dad may try to take Noly fishing. She is very interested in pretend fishing in the swimming pool. I'm not sure what she would think if he took her fishing on a lake. We will be having a first birthday party for Jule while we are there with a bunch of my friends from High School. That will be so fun! I haven't seen most of them in years. We will also enjoy the food at some of the local Amish restaurants...always delicious! My brother is planning to arrive at my parents' house around noon on the 20th. I think we have to leave by 4, and we're hoping to have all three of the grandkids together for a few hours. My parents will love that!

Just 10 more days until a long vacation!

1 comment:

Helene said...

The one good thing about being busy at work is that it makes the time go by much faster!! Nothing worse than being bored and feeling like the clock isn't even moving!

I hope everything is okay with Jule. Teething...ugh!