Wednesday, June 10, 2009

3 Days Until Indiana!

We are leaving Saturday to spend a week in Indiana with my family! We chose to fly this time in order to avoid another driving fiasco like we had at Christmas. We actually want to make it to my parents' house! Our flight will be about 2 hours, then we have about 2.5 hours to drive to get there. I think Jule will be ok with all of that since he lasted the 6-hour trip to Disney. The plan was for Kevin and Noly to sit together and for me to hold Jule. After our doctor visit yesterday, I'm rethinking that plan. He is so heavy and so strong that I had a hard time holding him for the hour we were at the doctor. He fought to get down and threw himself back to play, and I was exhausted by the end. Kevin is much stronger, so I think maybe we should switch kids : ) Jule weighed in at 26 lbs 6 oz yesterday...that's a big boy!

One major goal we have while we are there is to go out to eat without the kids! We have been out alone one time since Jule was born (when Elissa came over to watch the kids). What will it be like to sit in a restaurant and eat??? Sounds relaxing! We also want to visit the Disney Store while we are there, but we want to take at least Noly with us for that. I'm sure we'll spend at least one evening each at my grandparents' houses. I know every time we get up there that it may be the last time we see them. My dad's parents just never seem to have the best health. It is completely obvious that their greatest joy in life is their grandchildren/great-grandchildren. They are the epitome of what you would think grandparents would be. I grew up knowing I was greatly loved, and I love watching them shower that love on my kids.

While I am very excited to get there, I am extremely scared of the process of getting there....the flight. I HATE flying! I would rather drive 24 hours than fly for 2. I'm going to try taking some Ativan this time to see if it helps calm me down, and I hope the 2 hours are not torture to me! Noly loves to fly and is very excited about getting on a plane to go see Grammy & Papa. I'm sure I'll be able to hide my fear from her, but I would really like to relax during the flight. I know, people do it every day, but I don't do it every day...I DON'T LIKE IT!!!

I do feel a little better letting it out, but if anyone reading this wants to pray for a peaceful flight, I would not be opposed to that : )

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Ya, I'll pray for ya. I absolutely love flying. Especially if I get the window seat. It reminds me of God's vastness when I get up above the clouds. And taking off reminds me of driving in fast cars. :) I hope all goes well.

Helene said...

Oh I'll definitely keep you all in my prayers. I'm scared of flying too.

It sounds like you'll all have a great time once you're there! Every time my husband and I get a chance to go out for a meal by ourselves, we don't know what to do with ourselves. It feels wierd not having to cut someone's food up, yell at someone to get back in their seat, take someone to the bathroom right as my hot meal is served, clean up the spilled water all over the table. Trust me, Heather, you're gonna have a great time!!!!!

Everytime I look at that pic in your header, I wanna pinch your son's thighs. Some people have a thing for baby butts, I have a think for pudgy baby thighs. I'm constantly pinching Garrett and Landon's legs lovingly and they giggle hysterically every time!