Saturday, June 27, 2009

Amazing Service

You know, it's so comforting that God doesn't really rely on my perfection to show Himself. We had a rough rehearsal. It took about an hour to find a sound problem we were having, leaving us not much time to run through quite a few songs. It didn't sound bad, but it felt so confusing and chaotic at times. I have learned over the years that I don't need to worry when this happens. The reason is...it's not about me...it's about God. He doesn't need me to be perfect or always come in on time (though I hope I do). He doesn't need my human accomplishment to aid what He wants to accomplish...He just does it through me.

Worship went well tonight, and the service was very powerful. Looking out over the congregation, I could see that many were letting go of past hurts and offenses and embracing God's healing and freedom. It was this that I spent the week praying for...for God to show up...He did. And I want more freedom to...I want that freedom to grow more as time passes. I want to be more forgiving and more like Jesus each year that passes. It's not easy. It takes continual submission to Him and continual seeking. But He's there. He always meets me where I am, and as I draw near to Him, I know He draws near to me whether I feel it or not.

I'm exhausted. There are two more services tomorrow morning, so I need to get rested up. I am praying that tomorrow brings even more change and joy in the lives of God's people. After all, "He came that we might have life, and that more abundantly."

No comments: