Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One Week from Today...

My baby will be 1. I can't believe it! One year ago today, I was praying that Jule would stay put in my belly until Miriam came back from her 4th of July trip with her family. She was one of my labor coaches with Noly, and I didn't want her to miss out on being there for Jule's birth too! She ended up cutting his cord.


I didn't know it was possible to be this exhausted...or to feel this fulfilled and content that we are done having children. Those two sets of blue eyes have changed not only how I view the world, but also how I view God. I never thought I would go into a store and completely ignore my own clothing sizes only to look at tiny little dresses and shorts, but I do. There were times I wondered if I would ever see my own children meet Mickey Mouse, but I did! I am very thankful to God for blessing me with these two little miracles!


Noly is ever-changing and ever-maturing. The other night, she stuck her tongue out at me. I told her that was not nice and that she had better not do that again. She looked at me with a scowl and said, "Kitty does not like you." When she says "kitty," that means Noly. I told her that was not nice either and made her apologize, which she did and promptly returned to her happy little self. She is getting really agitated with Jule lately because he tries to join her in everything she does. She often does not even like the fact that he's looking at her. I think this is only the beginning of sibling rivalry. I can sympathize with her because I remember my little brother driving me crazy. I am looking forward to the day that they can actually play together...I think it will be soon!


Jule is crawling everywhere and pulling up to everything, including smooth walls and the sliding door. He will pull up on the couch and let go so that he can stand on his own. He gets a huge smile when he is standing there because he knows he is doing it by himself. Then, he smiles when he falls because I make a big deal out of it. He is VERY vocal about everything, which is so different than Noly was. He grunts and groans and makes his desires known, and it is also very easy to get him to giggle. We started weaning him off of bottles and formula about a week ago, and he is doing well. He only gets one bottle of formula each day, and that is right before bed. Otherwise, he gets sippy cups of milk and juice. He doesn't care what style of sippy cup we give him, which is really nice!


Kevin is working a lot, as usual. All of the storms are giving him a lot of work, which is good for the company's profits. He hasn't had kidney stone pain since a couple of days before we left for Indiana, and he never passed a stone, so we have no idea what happened. The doctor told him the stone could dissolve, and we wonder if that is what happened. I'm just glad he is not in pain anymore.


As for me, I started a migraine journal in June, and I looked at it yesterday to see how many I'm averaging a month....14! That means I am in pain and have to take meds almost half of the month. Grrr! I emailed my neurologist to let him know that the daily preventive I take is obviously not working, and he told me just to stick to my med schedule. It's really frustrating because the pain decreases my quality of life, and it's hard to enjoy the laughter of children when it literally hurts your head. I'm probably going to look for a new neurologist to see if there is something that can be done to give me some relief.


I'm so glad that tomorrow is my "Friday." I can't wait to have a nice 3-day weekend at home with my family!

1 comment:

Helene said...

It sounds like the kids are doing so well...Noly sounds just like Bella. Bella has been sticking her tongue out at me too and she's had a real attitude lately. Today at the pool, she demanded that I walk over to the lounge chair and fetch her goggles for her. I just looked at her with amazement and said, "Ohhh, you've got to be kidding me...." I dread what she'll be like at 16 if she's already this snotty now!!

I know exactly what you mean about feeling fulfilled that you're done having kids. I just feel like our family is complete now and we're exactly how God planned us to be. I have a couple friends that are on the fence about more kids and I tell them, "then you're not done having kids because trust me you'll know when you're done".

I'm so sorry to hear about your migraines. I really hope your doctor can find something that works for you. I get migraines every once in awhile and it completely debilitates me.