Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

We are having such a nice Holiday weekend! We have mostly stayed home and spent a lot of time playing with the kids. I went through their clothes and pulled out everything that does not fit them anymore. I could not believe how short the 3T long-sleeved shirts were on Noly! Her arms were hanging out! Her pants from last winter were a little short, but the shirts were unbelieveable : )

I have been able little by little to clean the whole downstairs. Maybe this evening, I can clean the upstairs while Kevin plays with the kids. Kevin's parents stopped by to see the kids. His mom is not doing well. Her chemo treatments are really taking a toll on her body. She wanted a laptop for their house so she can work from home, so Kevin & Noly went with them to look for laptops. Jule and I stayed home and ate some lunch. Then, he got into the diapers and pull-ups and had them all over the kitchen floor. He had a wonderful time! I quickly cleaned the downstairs bathroom while he entertained himself. Those are the kinds of messes I like....easy to clean up! After I was done cleaning, I pushed him around the living room, dining room & kitchen in his Cozy Coupe. He sat back and enjoyed it, smiling at me when I would peek around at him. Noly came back exhausted from shopping, so we put her down for a nap after she ate. I think Kevin is going to take her swimming after her nap.

Tomorrow afternoon, we are taking them for professional pictures. I think Jule will cooperate, but we are going to have to bribe Noly. I told her we'd get her a toy from Walmart if she is good and smiles. She usually hates having her picture taken. She said she wanted a Littlest Petshop Scooter??? I don't even know if that exists or how much it would cost. I'd better do some online research.

Since they are both asleep, I should probably clean the Master Bath. That won't wake them up. Happy 4th of July to everyone, and thank you to all of those who have served and are serving our country!

No comments: