Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"The Tunder Wake Me Up!"

Noly had been asleep, but I heard her bedroom door open last night. She told me the thunder woke her up. I assured her that there was no thunder but later realized there WERE fireworks going off in our neighborhood. We let her sleep in our room, and that seemed to fix the problem. I'm worried that she is sleeping in our room too often though. She sleeps with me about once a week, usually when Kevin travels. I'm just afraid that it will get to the point where she wants to be in our room every night. I'm really not sure how to help her with all of the new fears she is experiencing. Any ideas, Mommies? She has a nightlight and a little lamp in her room to help her fear of the dark. We also have a box fan running on high to drown out other noises that may bother her. The babysitter suggested letting her sleep on our floor in her sleeping bag, but I would rather she learn how to sleep in her own room.

Jule was horrible for the babysitter yesterday. He screamed all day and took two naps only lasting 45 minutes total. I thought I would be in trouble last night, but he was happy as can be for me. Maybe he was missing Mommy after being home with me for 3 days? If it was teething, I would have thought he'd be fussy no matter where he was. I was just glad that he was happy and playing! He and Noly are starting to play together, and it is adorable! Most of the time, he annoys her, but she plays well with him off and on.

I have two hours left before I get to leave work. I think we will just have leftovers and play tonight. I enjoy the evenings where we can relax and just "be" together. Tomorrow is Jule's first birthday! My baby is one...where did the time go!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Awww, poor Noly...the fireworks scared our kids too. I hate to break it to you but we let Cole and Bella sleep with us anytime they wanted and we're STILL dealing with it. I've banished Tim to the downstairs sofa b/c he snores horribly so Bella will wake up in the middle of the night and go downstairs and sleep with him on the sofa. Cole crawls into bed with me every night. I don't even know how to break the habit at this point. So it's probably better for you to start getting her out of the habit now, rather than later. Maybe next time she's scared, you can take her back to her room and stay with her for a few minutes until she's drowsy....don't you just love me giving you advice when I have no clue what I'm doing? LOL!!