Friday, October 31, 2008

Jeremiah 32:37-41

Just now, I was reading Jeremiah 32. Verses 37-41 say, "I will surely gather them from all the lands where I banish them in my furious anger and great wrath; I will bring them back to this place and let them live in safety. They will be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul."

A lot of things in this passage hit me. First of all, "let them live in safety" means so much to me personally because my ex-husband was so violent. I look at where I was in 1994-1998, and it is completely the opposite of where I am now. I don't live in fear anymore...I live in safety. I don't sit in my house huddled in a corner cowering...I walk about my house in confidence and assurance that I am safe and loved!

Also, I think it is so cool that it is God's gift to us to give us singleness of heart and action so that we may benefit. So, He's blessing us in order to bless us. It is reiterated in the fact that He will inspire us to fear Him so we won't turn away. Just how much our God loves us is so unsearchable and unfathomable! I can only compare it to the love I have for Noly & Jule. The ridiculous faces I make to get Jule to laugh and the tiny little toy I may buy for Noly because I know it will light up her eyes are just glimpses of the passionate love He has for me. I just glow thinking of Christmas and the glow that Noly will have on her face, and He must delight in my delight...He has to...He's my Daddy.

May I live in such a way that my children grow up knowing they are completely and undeniably loved by not only Kevin and I, but more so by their Creator, their Savior, their Ultimate Daddy.

No comments: