Wednesday, October 8, 2008

To Potty Train, or Not to Potty Train...THAT is a HUGE Question!

Yesterday, I took Noly to Walmart after work to purchase a few needed potty training items. I let her choose a seat with handles that goes on top of the big potty because she does not like the little potty chairs. She, of course, chose Dora. I then let her choose new undies, and again, she chose Dora. She proudly carried around her new purchases and could not wait to put them to good use when we got home. We also bought pull-ups because I'm not ready to clean up pee-pee messes with a screaming baby!

After all of this to-do about going on the big potty, she did not go one time last night. Instead, she peed in every pull-up I put on her. It didn't bother me one bit. I really don't think she understands the feeling before she has to go. When she is truly ready, we will have everything we need : ) I figure we will work on it, at her pace, until then. I'm not really ready for my baby to grow up anyway!

Jule did ok last night. He did not take an afternoon nap, so he was very tired. He was partially content as long as I held him. He eventually fell asleep around 6:45 after his bath but was back up and fussy from 7:30-8:45. I think I made it to bed by 9 or 9:30 but can't really remember.

As I sat rocking him last night, I wanted him to hurry and go to sleep so I could get some time alone. Then, I thought about Noly and how quickly she's grown into my big girl rather than my baby, and I sat and rocked him for awhile, enjoying his baby scent and baby soft cheeks. All too soon, I will be buying pull-ups for him. He won't need me to rock him anymore.

It made me sad to think of not having a baby anymore, but pregnancy is just too hard on my body and too risky for my babies. So, this morning, I remembered to sign the consent laying on the counter for Kevin's vasectomy. I will miss having babies, but I'm done. I'll just have to enjoy the time I have right now while they think I'm the coolest person on earth...gotta love that!

1 comment:

The Pulaskis said...

Hang in there...it will happen.