Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

I was reading in Colossians 3 this morning...taking a break from trying to balance a ridiculously messy Bank Reconciliation. Verses 12-14 say, "12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

I started thinking about the way that God forgives me. He doesn't forgive me in a way that holds all of my wrongs over my head. He forgives me "as far as the east is from the west." Honestly, that is not how I function. I tend to store my hurts and disappointments in a compartment that I can pull out whenever I feel I need vindication. That's not the way it should be. If I'm truly living in love, with compassion and humility, I'm going to forgive...really forgive. Guess that's something I need to be working on and growing in. That is the kind of forgiveness I want to teach my children.

We had a really rough evening last night. Jule was very fussy and spitty for Brenda yesterday. He fell asleep on the way home and would not wake up even at 5PM. So, I gave he and Noly a bath, which I knew would wake him up. He woke right up and was happy, even though he was still spitting up a good bit. He was happy until around 8 PM, then he cried, screeched and spit up until he fell asleep for the night. I was so thankful Kevin was home to walk him around because I wanted to take a bath and go to bed early. For some reason, Noly went to bed at 7:30 but did not fall asleep until around 9. She kept crying and saying her ears, neck and bug bites were hurting her. We gave her Tylenol just in case her ears were hurting, but I really think she just didn't want to go to bed.

This morning, I asked Noly if she wanted to use the Dora potty when I woke her up. I noticed that her diaper was fairly dry. To my amazement, she did and she peed a ton! I was so proud of her for holding it for the potty! I put on her special Princess pull-ups, and she was beaming with pride...so cute. Jule was all smiles this morning and was back to a normal amount of spit-up. He let out a tiny happy screech, so I hope he'll be laughing soon! Baby laughter is one of my favorite things in the world.

I'm currently waiting to receive Marty Magehee's new solo CD in the mail. It's been something I've been anxiously waiting to hear since 4 Him's finale concert in September 2006. I still have some sadness when I think about that concert. It was the last time I would see the guys together on stage, and their music had been such a big part of my healing during all of my miscarriages. Music has not been the same for me since that night. I found a few groups/solo artists that I can give or take, but nothing quite compares to 4 Him. Oh well, change continues throughout life. If everything was always the same, I would live in boredom.

Ahhhh....back to the exceedingly long Bank Reconciliation.

1 comment:

The Pulaskis said...

Yeah for Noly!! I am so proud of her.