Friday, October 24, 2008

Bearing Each Other's Burdens

So, Elissa came across Galatians 6:2 yesterday, "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." I feel like that's what she did for us last night. She came over and watched both of our kids, and we went out to eat alone. It was so quiet...so peaceful. Nobody was screaming, and our hands were free. Little things like that help me feel human again.

I was thinking about James 2 yesterday. Verses 14-17 say, "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." I was thinking about how much prayers mean to us right now, but even more so, those that are coming over to physically help make a HUGE difference in our sanity. Once we get through this and I'm more able, I want to put more actions behind my prayers. I can pray for someone who has lost everything in a fire, but it would be even better for me to give them the things they need that I am capable of providing. I'm going to look for ways right now that I can help people even if it is in a limited capacity.

Turns out that SSRI's, which include Lexapro, are dangerous when taken with the amount of migraine meds I take. So, I am just taking anti-anxiety meds as needed. On better days, I can skip it, but it is there for the bad days. I am LOVING "New Day" by Robbie Seay Band, and it will also help carry me through the bad days. Cindy emailed me and is planning to come by next Thursday after work, and Elissa is open to helping again, so maybe we can make it through this difficult thing called reflux.

2 comments:

Danette said...

Heather, sounds like you have a great support system around you and great friends who care and want to help. What a blessing!!!

Heather said...

Totally a blessing!