Monday, October 27, 2008

Long Weekend

It was a looooong weekend, but not because of the number of days. Friday night, Jule had a rough evening and would not stay asleep until late. So, I went to the bedroom to watch a movie once he was finally down, and there was water dripping into our room. The paint was peeling off the wall above the window like it was wallpaper. We had at least two leaks in our 8-year-old roof, and one of the windows appeared to be leaking as well. It was pouring down rain, so I knew it was only going to continue through the night.

We also found out that Jule's swing broke. That is usually what we use to get him settled when he wakes up continually in his crib at night. I checked the weight limit because he is so big, and it's 25 lbs, so it's not his weight since he's around 16. We had a spare at the office from when Noly was a baby, so Kevin is going to set that up this morning.

Noly stayed at Diz and Sara's Friday night and kept saying she missed Kevin and I. It is obvious that she is having a hard time dealing with Jule lately. She is just too young to be able to process what is going on. Heck, I'm almost 34 and can't process it. She keeps telling me she misses me whenever I have been away from her. Last night, she was WAY too cute. She was watching a Pooh movie where the little bird was going to fly away. Rabbit was very sad about this, and Noly all of a sudden burst into tears and ran over to me. She said, "I miss you, Mommy. I miss you; I love you." I could tell she was feeling sad because Rabbit was sad but did not know how to express it. I held her close and comforted her, then she became ok as Rabbit became ok. So, yes, she is my replica. I used to do the same thing when I was her age. I used to wail when Puff the Magic Dragon would "sadly slip into his cave." Lately, when Noly cries, Jule will stick his bottom lip out and start to cry too. Two babies crying at once....oh my!

No comments: