Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tax Research Resurfacing

Today I realized that I only have 2 more days to make any changes I want to my benefits. I checked into everything, and I wondered if I should start a Dependent Care Account for our daycare expenses. Brenda costs about $14,000 a year, but it is well-worth it to have our kids in a safe place with someone who loves them. The DCA would take money for child care expenses pre-tax. I had to calculate our 1040 hypothetically with and without the spending account, and we came out ahead without it. For some reason, your Dependent Care credit is HUGELY reduced if you use the DCA, and it's not reduced enough to lower your AGI by enough to save you money. So, there is my day in a nutshell. I'm glad I researched it before just signing up blindly!

Jule was a gem last night, smiling and laughing often. It was nice to see him comfortable and happy. I attempted to brush his hair straight, but there is no straightening this boy's curls...I love it! I hope he keeps them! Noly made him laugh for the second time last night. She is so funny to watch with him, and she is getting to be such a little mother. She has completely lost interest in potty training and isn't even waking up dry anymore. Oh well, I don't really care right now. She'll train when the time is right.

I can't wait for Christmas with these two! It is going to be a hoot!

No comments: