Monday, October 20, 2008

Why Rainy Days and Mondays Don't Always Get Me Down

It's Monday again. Workdays are somewhat easier for me right now because I can eat my meals with two hands and I don't have to try to comfort a screaming baby that won't be comforted. I know that Jule will get better in time, but it's easier to be at work right now. He seems to scream for hours every few days. I'm really not sure what triggers it, and we've found nothing that works to calm him every time. He has days that are better...where he is just a normal baby, and those days are awesome! I can sit on the floor and sit his back up against me and play with Noly. All three of us are happy then! I'm going to send an email to the church asking for help with him...if someone could just come hold him for a couple of hours, it would help our sanity tremendously!

Noly has learned to sing "Jesus Loves Me," and it is SO cute! She sings that and her prayer all the time. I hear, "God, our Father..." all the time without any of the rest of the song. She just repeats that line a lot : )

I finally got tired of the toy takeover in our master bathroom and moved the kids' things into their bathroom. It's smaller, but I should have plenty of room to bathe her in the tub and him in his baby bath at the same time. Noly wasn't really thrilled with her loss of the garden tub, but she will adjust. Jule seemed to like the bright colors in the Pooh bathroom.

I just don't have any deep thoughts lately...they've been sucked right out of me. I think...hmmm...when can I eat and when can I sleep. Everything in between is getting things done like the laundry and cleaning the bottles. Today, I have to go get Noly a winter coat since it's really cold at night all of a sudden. This is why I love rainy days...you put on sweats and stay inside and lounge!

2 comments:

The Pulaskis said...

Brian and I will come and hold Jule whenever.....just let me know!

Heather said...

That would be sooooo nice. Any evening after work is when I'm near a meltdown. Even if Kevin was home, it would help to just be able to have 4 sets of hands to pass him around while the kids played.