Monday, November 10, 2008

What a Weekend!

I am so tired that this is probably going to be very scattered...

The weekend services were amazing! We had a guest speaker, Adrian de Visser, from Sri Lanka. He has such a sweet spirit, and I enjoyed listening to what was in his heart to share. His son, Prashan, sang with us, and we had such an awesome time of praise and worship. Adrian shared how he and his wife, Opheila, had been told that they could not have children. So, he went to the ocean and wept. At the ocean, God told him to stop crying because he would have children. I think he said Prashan was born a year later, then they had a daughter. I asked Prashan to pray over Jule because it was so special to me that he was a miracle birth just as Jule was.

Ann was awesome this weekend at helping me find a part on "Let the Worshippers Arise." I'm hoping to learn more parts in the future and steer away from always singing the melody. Today, I am completely exhausted, but it was so worth it.

Jule was a nightmare for Kevin on Saturday. It just happened to be a day that he was not happy at all. He ended up screaming for 9.5 hours with very minimal breaks in between. I took him to church with me on Sunday morning so that Kevin could have a break, and he was totally fine. I wish we could figure out what makes him scream on his bad days.

Kevin spent Sunday playing with Noly. Then, at 3, he took her to Chuck E. Cheese for Keith's birthday party. She had a great time! I stayed home because Jule was napping, and he ended up napping for 3 hours! He would wake up and scream intermittently but was quickly calmed right back to sleep. After the birthday party, I gave Noly a bath and spent some time playing with her. I really enjoy sitting down and playing with her and experiencing her budding imagination.

Since our weekend was so busy, we need to get groceries tonight...that's usually a weekend task. Other than that, I plan to go to bed as early as possible. The laundry is all caught up except for the nightly "Jule's spit-up" load. I think there are enough clean bottles that we can skip the dishwasher for tonight. Ohhhh...how I long for sleep!!!

No comments: