Thursday, November 13, 2008

A New Idea

Last night, when I got to Brenda's, Jule was so tired. We ended up with the usual on the way home...him crying any time the car stopped, then he fell asleep when we were 1\4 mile from home. When I carried him in, he woke right up. This is our daily routine. Well, last night, I decided to take him straight up to his room and put him in the swing to help him sleep. He went to sleep in minutes and took a nice nap. Then, he was happier when he got up. Obviously, this is not the solution to his screaming episodes, but it could really help him taking his evening nap at 6 PM then staying awake until 9:30/10:00. He was fussy by the time 6:15 rolled around, but I was able to keep him awake until he took his bottle at 7:30. He fell asleep while I burped him and was in bed by 8. I was asleep by 8:45. Maybe this routine will help us at least get him to bed earlier?

Both of the kids woke up earlier than usual this morning, so I spent a lot of time with them before work. I put Noly's "Big Sister" shirt on her and Jule's "Baby Brother" shirt on him. Noly was so excited to show Brenda the shirt this morning. I hope I remember to get a pic of them together in their shirts before I change their clothes tonight. I got a few with Noly talking to Jule this morning, but she had a sweater on over her shirt.

Kevin is coming home tonight! Woo-hoo! This week difficult for me to survive. I ended up taking Ativan both nights that he was out. Noly was crying while she walked up the stairs this morning because she wanted her daddy. I think it was because my hands were full with Jule, and I could not hold her hand. When I carry him on the stairs, he's pretty much all I can handle because he's so big and and his movements are so unpredictable.

In two weeks from now, I will be having a 4-day weekend!!!

No comments: