Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Song & Thanking God

I am happy to report that Jule, while very congested and coughing from sinus drainage, has absolutely no wheezing or breathing difficulty. He has been a happy little guy for three days now. He had a rough afternoon for Brenda yesterday, but he was fine all evening at home. Kathleen came to help me with the kids since Kevin was out of town, and she said she missed him already this morning...unusual with Jule!!! He's becoming this delightful, happy-go-lucky baby, and I SO hope he stays that way!

Noly had a rough night. She acted like she felt ok through the evening, but once she was in bed, she could not sleep because she was coughing so much. She was also wheezing quite a bit. I steamed up the bathroom with a hot shower before I drew their bath so that they took a bath in a steamy bathroom. Then, I turned on the humidifier in her room. I also gave her some cough medicine. Nothing seemed to help the wheezing or the coughing. Finally, when she wasn't sleeping by 9:45, I put her in bed with me. She fell asleep within a half hour but was waking me up coughing, so I carried her to her own bed. By 11, we were all sleeping. Jule was coughing at 5 this morning, but it didn't wake him up. When I got Noly up this morning, I asked her how she was feeling because I could hear her wheezing. She said, "I fine. Sick all gone." She was her usual spunky self this morning, so maybe she is feeling better but has a lingering cough and wheezing? I'm glad she's happy : )

A song started brewing this morning that I think will be called "Thank You." While I was getting ready for work and getting the kids ready, I would stop and jot down the words I was getting on our Comcast bill. I had a minute to find the notes on the piano quickly so I wouldn't forget what I had so far. Noly was incredibly helpful with that ; ) It feels like everything keeps coming back to thanking God in every circumstance. Jeff Litchenberg had something about it in his Facebook status, KaRena's message that I listened to online was about thanking God...and to top it off, Thanksgiving is only a week away from today. It is also coupled with trusting in God's promises to us and thanking Him for them. I wish I could post what I have so far, but that would be unwise due to copyright issues. God has truly poured blessings over my life, like a sweet falling rain.

God,
Thank You for your power and Your might and Your unfailing love. Thank You for Your favor over our lives. Thank You for calling us Your children and blessing us with children and for taking delight in us as Your children. Thank You for surrounding us on every side. Thank you for listening to me even more attentively than I listen to my children when they are sick. Thank You for Your faithfulness that extends to many generations. Thank You for meeting my needs before I even know I have them. Thank You for this day, and may it be used for Your glory....Amen.

No comments: