Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Matthew 6

Noly has had a stuffy nose since Friday. I didn't think anything of it until she woke up today wheezing and barky-coughing. It is all-to-familiar to me. I could be wrong, but this is exactly what happened when she had RSV in January 2007. I'm not overly nervous about her because she is 3 and is strong and healthy. I'm worried about Jule getting it. I don't know how strong his lungs are at this point in his life. He appears to be a very healthy boy if you go by weight, but that does not reflect the strength of his lungs.

As I started to get panicy, I looked up a verse that came to my mind. I looked up "take no thought" because it's not anyone else but God that is in control of this whole situation. The entire chapter of Matthew 6 is so comforting. It's basically saying, "Don't worry about it. God has everything completely under control." It's hard not to worry, especially when it involves your children. I do know that God brought Jule here through numerous difficulties, and He is fully capable of sustaining his life...EVEN IF he ends up in the hospital...God still has him in His hand.

As I was reading, I also thought about the economic difficulties everyone is experiencing. Even Focus on the Family is having to lay off employees. If you think about it too much, your head will start spinning...everything seems to be piling on top of each other. But again, God is in control of it all, and all we can do is be faithful with what He gives us...no matter how much or how little. We can't serve two masters, and God will take care of those who serve him. I think it's normal to be worried about money at a time like this, but if it overtakes our lives or our trust in God, then we are truly serving money and not Him. Any worry is like that. I don't want to serve my worries. So, I'm giving the lives and health of my babies over to Him, knowing He created them in the first place and will guard what I have entrusted to Him.

2 comments:

Danette said...

hey Heather, your post is so fitting for me right now. Its amazing the timing. We just got back from meeting with a social worker to see what our options are as far as financial assistance for the baby and we got denied for EVERYTHING. We are required to pay 100% out of pocket. Talk about being overwhelmed. I have literally been in tears for about three hours now. You spoke exactly what I needed to hear. God planned this baby for a reason and I have to BELIEVE that He will take care of me and the baby. No amount of money is too big for God even without insurance. Thanks, Heather I appreciate your friendship. Love ya.

Heather said...

Love you too. I am SO sorry they denied you for everything. I will be praying that God will exceed your expectations on meeting your needs. He obviously has a special plan for this new little life : )