Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Short Work Week

I'm so thankful to have a 3-day work week this week! It allows me to have time to put up the tree with Noly! I think she is going to be so excited to help me hang the ornaments. I really don't think I should put the presents under it because I think it may be too tempting for her.


We had a nice time with Mom last weekend. She was able to enjoy both kids, and Noly was pretty content to play with whoever was not holding Jule. We tried to switch off so that Mom could get time with both of them. Noly was crying yesterday morning when she woke up and realized that her grammy was gone. It was too early to wake her up to say goodbye.


It's all over the news that MUSC is laying off and doing furloughs. Right now, we are happy to be doing furloughs in our area. It is so much better than not having a job. I'm totally happy to sacrifice 4 days without pay in order to prevent layoffs right now. I do think it is going to get worse and that layoffs will be in the future, but for now, everyone in our area still has their job.


Jule is doing excellent! He is mainly happy most of the time. He is such a content baby when he feels good and still watches me wherever I go. He's just a little in love. We started giving him lunch yesterday since he was drinking a 6-oz bottle almost every hour and a half all day Sunday. I think we'll increase his breakfast to include some oatmeal if he's still that hungry since it won't constipate him like rice cereal does.


I'm loving Thanksgiving more than I ever have for one reason...handmade turkeys. Everywhere Noly goes, she is making turkeys with her hand print. How I LOVE seeing that little handprint and having the current size of her hands captured on paper. You can be certain that I will be saving those crafts. She is getting so mature, though she's still not potty training. In fact, she pooped in the tub Saturday morning and didn't care at all! We had to get her out of her tub, and I bathed her again in our tub while Kevin's cleaned the other one. It was so gross! I was really surprised that she didn't care.


Here is a picture from this weekend of both of the kids:

1 comment:

The Pulaskis said...

Jule is almost as big as Noly!!