Monday, October 12, 2009

Today

Today. I am happy to be at work. Today. I am so glad that my ears are not being subjected to continual screaming. Today. I have no parties to attend or throw, no invitations to dinner at a restaurant and no coupons to clip. I am enjoying the buzz of the computer as I sit in a building full of quiet accountants. Today.

It was a rough weekend. We went out to eat with Kevin's family at 6 pm, which happens to be an hour after our normal dinner time and an hour before Jule's bedtime. Jule screamed and crawled up and down me while we waited for Kevin's sister to get to the restaurant. She ended up being around an hour late, so we ordered our meal AT Jule's bedtime. By the time the food came, he was so tired and agitated that he would barely eat. He was only interested in the skin of my baked potato, and that was only for 10 minutes. When we got home, I quickly bathed both kids and put Jule to bed. He slept for 10 minutes then proceeded to scream as if he was being beaten. I got him up to see what was wrong, and he played happily. This happened off and on until midnight, and we think it must have been teething. He does this about once a month.

Saturday, we had a family birthday party for Noly at the park. We chose a park with nice rubber flooring so Jule could walk around. Nope. He didn't want to walk around. He wanted to fall to the ground and scream until I carried him around. And it had to be Mommy and Mommy only. Being not much over 100 lbs myself, I struggle to carry his 27-lb body very far at all, so I had to sit at the picnic tables. He pushed off of me, then cried when I put him down. We had driven separately, so I took him home early and gave him a wonderful 1-hour nap. He woke up from that screaming, and continued his fussiness the rest of the evening.

I made some kind of spicy TGI Friday's Skillet meal from the freezer, and the heartburn it caused could not be touched by any antacid in the house. One Prevacid, 3 t of Mylanta and 2 Pepto pills later, I was still doubled over in pain. So, I took an Ativan and finally fell asleep sometime after 1 am. By the time Sunday came, I was so past being ready to pull my hair out that I was actually waiting for Monday to get here. Thankfully, today has been much better. Work is rarely stressful and is very quiet, so I can gather my thoughts and eat an entire meal without getting up. I'm feeling overwhelmed at the thought of going home in 40 minutes, but at least Kevin will be home tonight to help with the kids. I really hope Jule finds some happiness tonight. If not, I'll just cover my ears and sing, "la,la,la,la,la...I'm not listening..." until Tuesday comes.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Helene said...

Sorry you had a stressful weekend!! I used to hate when we were expected to be at family functions where no one considered our children's schedule. Tim's parents always eat late and so when we would get together with them when the kids were younger, it was SO stressful. I'd often leave in tears.

I hope you all have a good week!! Do you think maybe Jule is going through separation anxiety?

Heather said...

Hmmm...possibly! I hadn't considered that! What do I do with him?