Thursday, October 22, 2009

Separation Anxiety

Well, I think Helene is correct. I think Jule is suffering from separation anxiety. When we put him to bed, he screams like he is being tortured, and he won't stop screaming until we go get him. Once we pick him up, he whimpers for a bit, then he plays very happily as close to us as he can get. He is also waking up numerous times in the night crying. I usually just let him cry as long as I can see that he is fine on the monitor. We did think he was teething, but that just doesn't seem to make as much sense as separation anxiety. I'm exhausted from him waking me up numerous times a night, but I don't think this will last for a very long time.

Noly is still very excited to be 4! She thinks she's so much bigger than 3-year-olds! Her new verse for Awana this week was "Give thanks to the Lord, Who made the great lights...sun, moon, and stars." I told Kevin I didn't know if she could learn that much, and by Tuesday, she knew it! I was amazed that she had the capacity to memorize that much at once! She is learning phonics by watching Leapfrog and by asking me constantly what each letter sounds like. I wonder if she'll be reading before she goes to school next year? I'm not pushing her because I don't want her to get bored in the 4's class, but I won't discourage her from learning either.

Our search for a new church is continues. I'm not going to get deep into it, but it doesn't look like the one we have been attending is going to work for us. We are planning to try our Pediatrician's church soon, but this weekend we'll be going to our old church for an Anniversary Picnic! I love those every year and am so excited to see my friends and for the kids to have a fun day outside! Imagine...a picnic with apx. 3,000 people! We usually eat before we go because of my egg allergy. I also decided to try to study for the CPA exam again. I have some time at work to fill, and I want to see if I can get all 4 sections in over the next 18 months. It should be easier now that I'm not pregnant!

That's us in a nutshell for now. I'm off to study.

1 comment:

Helene said...

I'm sorry to hear that Jule is still having a tough time. I remember that stage and I seriously thought I would die from lack of sleep. And then during the day, they had to stay attached to me at all times. How about giving him one of your nighties to sleep with? Like something soft that has your scent on it that he could cuddle with. I dunno, it might help.


Good luck with your search for a church. I hope you all find something you like. The picnic sounds fun...3000 people?? That's HUGE!