Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Day of Memory

Today is National Day of Miscarriage and Infant Loss. I am remembering Hannah Elizabeth (lost at 11 weeks), Payton Claire (lost at 8 weeks), and 6 other babies lost at 4 weeks. God has been good to us and has blessed us with two living, breathing children who we adore, but the memory of my losses will never fade away. The memories are less painful, but the pain is still there when I have the time to sit and think about it. I had hopes and dreams for each baby that was a part of my body. It is still fresh in my mind that I spent many nights curled up in a ball on the floor of an empty nursery weeping, and I know that there are many others who are in the same position. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost children, and my prayers are with you today. If you want to, please feel free to leave a comment in memory of the child/children you have lost.

I would not have made it through that time without the love of the One Who loves me completely and greatly. I know He saw every tear and heard every plea. And I know that my 8 children are now worshipping around His throne.

Psalm 56:8 "You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book."

3 comments:

Helene said...

You said it so eloquently about the pain. I always think it's gone away but then there are reminders here and there and I'm plagued with grief all over again. Tim is always amazed that I can remember each baby's EDD and the dates that we lost each baby. I don't think it's anything that those of us who have gone through ever forget.

And yes we both have been very blessed with the children God has sent to us but it still leaves a hole in our hearts for the little ones we lost.

MaricrisG said...

I know what you mean about the pain of loss. I have lost a brother and my father and though the pain is gone, the void left losing them will never go away. Sending you hugs!

boltefamily said...

I am so very sorry for your losses.