Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Noly is Four Today!

Today is Noly's 4th Birthday! Happy Birthday, sweet Noly!



It was January 2005 when I began pumping my body full of these Invitro meds. I didn't even bother to count the numerous pills I had to take. I made an Excel spreadsheet complete with times of day to take each pill and whether to eat or to refrain from eating within two hours of it. I did count over 80-something shots that I had to give myself over the course of a few weeks. I filled the sharps container you see here and two additional containers before the cycle was over. I cried so many hormonally-induced tears that only God could count those. I also spent a lot of time at church worshipping and spent many times with people huddled around me in prayer.


Nine months later, on October 14, 2005, my prayers were answered:

Grammy with Noly ~ 2 Days Old


After years of infertility and 7 miscarriages in two years, God had given me the desire of my heart...a baby. Noly has been such a blessing in our lives. We didn't realize how much this little 5 lb. 6.6 oz. package could completely change us forever.

This morning, I got Jule out of bed so that he and I could wake her up with her present. She got a stuffed kitten, which she informed me made 10 stuffed cats. She has a bit of an obsession with cats but can never get a real one because Kevin and I are both very allergic. I hope she has an amazing day today because she's quite the amazing little girl!

No comments: