Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Well, we have decided not to move next year and have tentatively decided on the school we would like Noly to attend. We both feel like the longer drive would be too much for me on a daily basis, and the schools are not that different. We haven't found a new sitter yet, but we don't need one until May 2010, so I probably won't start looking until at least January.

The unspoken change that I mentioned before IS going to happen, but I still can't say what it is until after Thursday. I have been silent because I have spent a lot of time grieving the loss of the "old," and there is also some apprehension regarding the "new." BTW, we are NOT having another child, and I'm NOT getting a new husband!!! : )

I find it interesting how scary new things can be, but they really do increase our reliance on God. He's the only real stability and source of constancy, and He will remain the same from our old to our new. There is a part of me that is intensely excited about the new, but I think the fear of the unknown oftentimes wins out.

On a different note, Noly has been in Indiana with my parents since Saturday. It has been odd to only have one child, but it has been such a needed break. I was so run down and overwhelmed, and this is allowing me to catch my breath. She'll be back September 12.

Jule has been Jule....sometimes happily playing and other times screaming enough for 5 children combined. I really wish his teeth would not keep coming in so close together in time. He is only happy for a few days before he's a crab again. Poor little guy has had a lot of pain in his 14 months of life! On Sunday, we discussed going to our favorite restaurant with him to distract him and get him to stop screaming. For some reason, a change in atmosphere works with him. We talked about it, and at the last minute, I told Kevin I wasn't in the mood for it. We went to a different restaurant that neither of us are especially fond of (though Jule loved it). When I turned on the news a few hours later, we found out that the restaurant we almost went to was robbed at gunpoint right around the time we would have been there with our baby!!! God's hand was surely protecting us! I cannot imagine how scary that would have been if we were there with Jule...talk about anxiety-inducing! I am so thankful that God kept us not only safe from harm, but also safe from even the experience. I will have to visit there soon since I go weekly for lunch to make sure all of the workers are ok.

I promise to tell more when I'm able!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Oh wow, that is totally scary about the restaurant that you were going to go to being robbed. God was definitely watching out for you all!!!

I would imagine it does feel wierd having just one child to care for while Noly's away. She must be having so much fun though!! It is wierd though how it throws off the dynamics. Bella went over to my sister's house for a couple hours last Saturday and it felt wierd having just the 3 boys.