Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sick Again

I'm not feeling good at all...again. Sore throat, runny/stuffy nose and feverish...blah. Oh well. I did have a nice Memorial Day! We took Jule to get a mattress for Noly's trundle bed, then we went to the Outlets and found him a ton of clothes for $1.99 each! It's hard to believe this shirt is a 3T, and it almost fits my 14-month-old! I think the shirt is a little small, and he's a little big : )
Church went well, but I had a hard time emotionally. It was hard to look out over the congregation for each of the three services and know that it was the last time I would be singing in front of them. I have spent many years praying for all of them and preparing for the weekend services. I will greatly miss my church family. It's not like I can't visit, but it's not the same as being a part.
The emotion of the weekend brought back to my memory a song that I used to listen to years ago..."As Long As my Heart Knows It's You" by 4 Him:
God only knows how it must have felt
Out on the mountain where Abraham knelt
Deep in his heart, I’m sure it hurt to obey
Still he offered his son as if to say
CHORUS
I'm Willing to live, willing to die
Willing to make any sacrifice
I’m willing to go, willing to stay
Lord, there’s no price too high for me to pay
Any struggle that might come my way
I’m willing to go through
Just as long as my heart, as long as my heart knows it’s You.
How many times have you called for me
When my heart was willing but I was so weak
What I would give if I could only believe
That when I’m tested by fire I’ll always be
God wants my obedience, not my sacrifice. So, I'm going. My heart knows that He is speaking to me, so I will follow. I know that He will be faithful in this next season of my life.

1 comment:

Helene said...

Wow, I can tell this is a huge decision for you, one that you did not take lightly! You know, here's my thinking on it....I know it'll be hard to leave your church family behind but at the same time you know you're following God's plan for you, which ultimately leads to happiness. It always does, even if we're not sure of it ourselves!