Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Changes

I can feel change coming. There are parts that I can share right now, and there are other parts that will have to remain unspoken prayer requests until the time comes for me to share them.

Starting in May 2010, we will lose our babysitter. She is retiring after 28 years to be at her youngest son's ballgames and to be more available for her aging parents. We have been very blessed to have her as a part of Noly & Jule's lives, and we will miss her dearly. That said, I know that God has a perfect plan and that He has someone special already waiting to watch the kids. Jule will be nearly two by then, and Noly will be 4 1/2. We are hoping to start Noly in school in August 2010, so she will not be with the new sitter for very many hours each day. Since her birthday is in October, she will be in the 4's class next year even though she will turn 5 shortly after school starts. She looks more like a little girl who's ready for school every day and not like a toddler...


The second change is school, which involves yet another possible change. Noly went to a small church-run preschool last year as part of the 2's class. She loved it! We are taking her out of school this year to try to keep all of us healthy, but she will be going somewhere next year....but where. We have two schools in mind. One of them is right down the road from where we live now, and the other one is at our church. It is 30 minutes away with no traffic and equally as far from my work, so that is not an option UNLESS we sell our house and move closer to the church. It would make my commute a lot longer every day, but we may decide it's worth it. I'm praying that God makes all of these decisions clear to us.

The last possibility of change is very close to my heart. I wish I could share it, but I just feel I can't at the moment. I've been thinking about it a lot, and I was praying about it as I drove out for lunch today. An OLD song from 4 Him was playing called "Puzzles"

I remember that first day I heard Your voice
I could feel Your quiet peace drown away the noise
Your oracle of truth still rings in my head
I've come to know my path just as You said
And I see the sham, the lie that swallows the man
People need to see

CHORUS
It's a dangerous life without Your wisdom for our ways
It's a gamble with time when we don't hear You when You say
You're the Light of the world I pray that all will see
Only You know the way to put our puzzles into place

There's a fire dark as night in an evil rage
Spreading power to searching souls at a deadly wage
I want to scream a plea, a warning sign
Take the stutter from my step, don't let my tongue be tied
Piece after piece, Your love in holy relief
Into the picture You have seen

REPEAT CHORUS

Light up the shadows
Expose the deception
Reveal the illusion
Unscramble the puzzles
People need to see

I'm praying that each "piece" falls into place to form a beautiful picture. The verse for the day on BibleGateway.com is Romans 12:4-5 "Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.” It makes me think of the body of Christ as one big puzzle, fitting together, and making one big, beautiful portrait of Christ!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Oh sure, leave us all hanging in suspense! Just kidding...I totally understand.

Those are some big changes but it sounds like it may be time for some changes anyway....kids seem to do better with transitions than we adults do so hopefully everything will fall nicely into place.