Monday, August 24, 2009

Noly's First Trip

Saturday, Noly will be taking her first trip without me. Kevin is flying her to Indiana to be with my parents for two weeks. He will get her to my mom then turn around and fly back home. Noly is so excited because she is the only one who gets to go stay with Grammy & Papa. I'm both excited and sad...it will be nice to only have one child for a couple of weeks, but I will miss Noly terribly! I think they will keep her busy enough that she won't miss home too much, and she will get to see all of her great-grandparents, cousins, & great-aunts and great-uncles. My dad will fly her back two weeks later and will stay one night with us to see Jule.

Since this was her last weekend home for two weeks, we tried to do some extra fun things with her. Kevin took her swimming, and we took both kids to the Park. Noly loved it, but Jule isn't quite old enough to enjoy it. He was tired and scared of the swing & slide. He clung to me and watched all the kids play. It was so nice to get out of the house with the kids...neither one of them was sick for once! Kevin's parents are keeping Noly tomorrow while I work, so tomorrow will be a fun day for her too!


I'm still feeling overwhelmed, but it gets so much better when we are all healthy. I think being able to leave the house helps a lot, and having the kids happy because they are feeling well also helps. Jule was a happy boy this weekend and even spent a lot of time trying to walk. I think he made it up to 7 steps before he fell. I can't wait until he walks because carrying a 26-lb baby is so tiring! I'm praying that all four of us stay healthy for at least more than a few days now!!!

No comments: