Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello, 2012

We are 3 days into 2012. So far, it has been uneventful. We brought in the new year by sleeping through the fireworks going off in our subdivision :)

This week is a four-day work week, then I will not be employed any longer until God leads us toward me working again. I am feeling very relieved because it feels like rest is coming. I'm also a little worried because of the loss of income and benefits (other than health) that come with working. I'm sure I will have to get used to a new normal just like I did when each of the kids was born. Since I will have a little more time on my hands, I am hoping to read through the Bible in a year. I'm using youversion and like it so far.

We have all had colds with no sign of croup from Jule. It makes me smile every time I think about the possibility that we have said goodbye to croup forever. Overall, the past few months have shown a healthier streak for the kids. It is wonderful to not spend time each week at the doctor! I'm praying for a healthier, happier 2012!

4 comments:

John Ng said...

From your lips to God's ear! I am lifting my prayers for you and yours as well!

Heather said...

Thanks, John. I hope you guys have an amazing 2012 :) You have such a sweet family!

Helene said...

It would be so nice if you all could enjoy some good health in 2012!!

Wishing you peace as you enter the next phase of your life!!

Heather said...

Thanks, Helene! Hope the puking at your house comes to a complete stop!