Monday, January 16, 2012

Feeling Alive!

Sorry this post looks weird, but I can't figure out a way to change it.

I guess that's always a good thing, right? To feel alive? As it turns out, quitting my job has brought me so much joy, so much peace, so much thankfulness to God. I've been an organizing and cleaning maniac but almost have everything caught up to where I want it. I have enjoyed cuddling and playing with Jule during the day. I did not know it was possible, but he is even more attached to me now than he was. Tomorrow is the first time Noly will not be attending the aftercare program at school. She went last week since there was only school 3 days anyway, and it allowed me to adjust to being home. I'm not sure what she thinks of me being home, but I think she will love it when she is not at school.

I was reading Jeremiah 31 tonight, and verse 28 really stuck out..."And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD." The years we are coming out of have been very difficult. It literally felt like I was being torn down and pulled apart. It was not fun, and it did not make me happy. But I'm sure that God was doing a work. He was removing what needed to be absent so that He could build and plant the design He has for our lives. I made up a quote tonight that just felt so right..."Only God's hand can create the masterpiece that only His eyes can see. Trust Him to make you more beautiful that you can imagine!" I realized that I cannot even begin to see or envision the design and layout He has for my life. So, HE is the only one that can make the beautiful masterpiece that He has all planned out. His thoughts are so much higher, and I'm excited to see what He is going to do!

No comments: