Thursday, December 22, 2011

Revisiting our ENT Friend

This morning, I took Jule to his appointment for a follow-up with the ENT that we got a second opinion with (i.e. the genius that linked his croup to reflux). I was a little nervous that he would be upset with me for not getting the nasty 24-hour Ph study done on Jule, but Kevin and I both felt we did not want to do the test if it wasn't necessary because it would be very unpleasant for Jule.

I told the ENT that Jule has not had one instance of croup since we increased his reflux meds since he mentioned it may not be controlled. To my surprise, he smiled and was thrilled and said, "Well, I will just let you call me if you ever need me again. He doesn't need to be monitored!" What relief! He said that it would not surprise him if Jule had one or two croup occurrences during the winter and that would be completely acceptable. We will need to do further testing only if he starts getting it constantly like he had been. Any surgeries and invasive procedures we can eliminate in our house would be completely welcomed! I'm so glad we went with our guts and where we felt led and did not put him through more testing. And I'm praying he continues to do well on his meds!

Thank You, God, for grace over Jule's croup and giving wisdom when we asked!