Friday, December 9, 2011

Small Updates

I'm still crying most days when I think about my Grandma, but I know I am just grieving and not depressed. I know this will get better and that it's completely ok to grieve.

The State evaluators called me this week to tell me Jule is completely fine and does not need any type of intervention. They were very impressed with his cognitive skills too! So, with two separate evaluations coming back good, I feel like my first instincts that he is fine have been confirmed! It is a relief to have experts tell you that your feelings are right :)

Noly got her Kindergarten reading evaluations back, and she is reading at a first grade level. I'm so proud of her. She tries to read everything and is very quick to learn blended letter sounds that I teach her. Of course, I would be proud of her even if she was not reading at a K5 level, but it's nice to have some areas in our lives that are not a struggle!

I am back up to 19 migraines in the past month, so I called the Neuro to see if the Botox has been approved by my insurance company. I'm in pain almost daily, and it's miserable. It would be really awesome if the Botox could give me months of relief...and with no pill to add to my system.

Jule has been croup-free for several months now, and I'm happy to say that a happy, giggly little boy is quickly emerging. He is a riot, and he is completely addicted to me (which I am loving). I know it won't last long. Noly is having a hard time when Kevin travels and wants her Daddy to be home all the time, so I do worry a little that it will be hard for her when I am at home full-time and he has to travel more. I will just have to come up with fun things to keep her mind busy, and maybe we can Skype with Kevin some. I'm very much looking forward to being home and having some down time to recover from the past 3.5 years :)

No comments: