Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ahhhh....weekend!

We are having a nice weekend. Kevin's parents were able to keep Noly last night, so we took Jule to Costco to stock up on some items we will need after I quit working. We are trying to stock up on a year's supply of TP, Paper Towels, etc. whenever Costco has coupons.

My foot feels like it is healing again, but I'm being careful so that I can hopefully walk soon. We found scooters at Costco and Home Depot and a wheelchair at Kohl's. It was nice to be able to shop a little. Jule was delightful and enjoyed everywhere we took him. He keeps telling me his tummy hurts at random times, which was a little confusing to me. This morning, he had only been up for a few minutes and told me his tummy hurt while smiling. It occurred to me that maybe he is hungry...yep, happy my tummy hurts means hunger; crying my tummy hurts means feeling icky. I'm glad it's getting a little easier to figure him out.

Noly is quickly maturing, and I want her to slow down! She is becoming so independent and is truly helpful with Jule sometimes. Today, she called me from Kevin's parents' house to tell me she went outside with them to pick some little oranges. I'm not sure what they are, but she had a lot of fun picking them. Kevin took Jule out to pick her up, so I got to have some time at home alone. That is always nice! These are the ordinary weekends I crave more of!

1 comment:

John Ng said...

Ain't that the truth! It's hard to find them since we tend to work harder on weekends than at work. Glad to hear that you are motoring around better and that your foot is recovering. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!