Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bye, Bye Croup

Well, Jule is starting to get over a head cold that started on Sunday. I'm very encouraged that we have not seen any croup. He has been severely stuffed up and coughing, and all of this would have triggered croup in the past. I am hopeful that the increase in his reflux meds will put an end to our frequent companion, Croup! I am also hoping that we will not need to do any of the invasive testing because Jule has simply been through too much already.

I'm scheduled to get my pin out on Monday as long as the xrays look good. I cannot wait to walk again! I'm not sure if my foot will continue to swell after the pin comes out or not; I've read conflicting reports on the internet. It's been amazing to me to discover how much some people will go out of their way to help and others will turn around and pretend you aren't there. I hope it will make me more aware of others needing assistance around me.

I'm having moments of elation when I think about being home with Jule and being able to relax and cuddle with him during the day, and I can't wait to spend the summer with both of my kids doing fun things and hopefully spend a few weeks up North with my parents and extended family. I'm also having moments of fear because I'm leaving the familiar, the seemingly secure, the lunch hours where I can just sit with a friend and relax. Work is not usually truly work for me. It is very low-key most of the time, and it's not difficult. Raising kids....THAT is difficult. I have the utmost respect for those moms who stay at home with their kids. I adore my kids, but I also like having a little break from them during the day. I guess my thoughts are kind-of jumbled. I do firmly believe this is where God is leading our family, so at least my mind isn't jumbled about that! I have several friends who are part of a Bible Study on Thursdays, and I definitely want to be part of that. I'm just doing my best to keep my eyes and ears open to where God is directing. At least after Monday, I will hopefully be able to WALK in that direction!

No comments: