Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Standing Still

James 1:5 says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." I have been speaking that verse and praying that God would give me wisdom in dealing with Jule and wisdom in dealing with the school., AND He is so faithful to answer.

This weekend, I thought of a consequence to try for him to get him to stop screaming. We tried it, and it worked in 1 minute. We have used it consistently, and it has cut his screaming from hours to one whole minute. My head is so thankful! They have also implemented it at school, and it is helping them too.

I have really been struggling with what to do regarding the school. I strongly feel he is supposed to be there, but I did not know what to do with the Director. I went to small group last night, and we talked about standing still. Sometimes, it is not in moving forward that you are actually moving forward. When God says to stand still, you gain ground by doing just that.

Ephesians 6:10-17 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

II Chronicles 20:17 "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you."

God has been so faithful to make very clear to me that I don't need to "do" anything right now. I don't have to try to convince her of anything. I don't need to fight for my cause. He is keeping Jule safe, and somehow, God will shine through in this situation. I have no idea what that will look like, but I need to obey and stand. I've done a lot...we have gone to many, many doctors to help him out with his physical needs and whatever else he has needed. And right now, I just need to stand firm. It gives me a certain peace, even though my heart is still sad remembering what she said about him. I'm praying for God to move in the situation.

2 comments:

John Ng said...

We were discussing Ps 37 this past Friday and while the circumstances of persecution and being stiffed by evil people, the verses that I want to share with you are v. 3-6. Trust is a lifelong trait and it's partner is patience. My prayer for you is that God will reveal Himself like no other.

Helene said...

Okay, so you have to share with me what your trick is to get Jule to stop screaming. Landon can be...uh, very vocal...and it drives me crazy! Nothing seems to work!