Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jule's Diagnosis Is.....

Croup...again. When we got home last night, Jule was whiny. I checked his temperature, and he had a low-grade fever. He was also wheezy whenever he would become active. So, I called the Pediatrician's office and got him in at 7:40. The doctor said he has croup, and she put him on a Steroid to keep his airway open.

Usually, I try to have both kids in bed by 8:30. Since we got to the doctor so late, the three of us were sitting in the Pharmacy parking lot in our jammies waiting for Jule's prescription to be filled at 8:45. Thankfully, the Pharmacist saw how desperate I looked and filled it within 5 minutes! Yay! Jule slept all night but woke up with terrible strider. So, my mother-in-law is home with him today.

Noly got to go back to school today, and the teacher and all of her friends ran up to her and hugged her when they saw her heading to the playground! It is a water day at school, so she should have a lot of fun! I'm glad to have her back at school where she can play with her friends and wear herself out! She's been cooped up for too many days now.

Kevin should be home tonight, which I am so thankful for. I'm relying on Ativan to help me get through all of this. It's just too much, but God is faithful in the midst...continuing to show me His grace in the midst of suffering.

Afternoon Update:
Biblegateway has just been amazing lately. I have been looking at their "verse of the day," and it has been so encouraging to me this week. Today's is: II Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one." Amen!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I hate the croup! Seems to be popping up alot lately.

Tess
Check out my virtual book tour-giving away lots of books!

Helene said...

Ugh, croup?! Poor little Jule!! I hope he's feeling better by now!!