Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ever Have One of Those Days....or Months...or Years???

Isaiah 40:31 says, "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." I feel so weary, so exhausted. I really need God to renew my strength. It gets so overwhelming constantly taking care of sick kids. I love them, and it is my delight to be their mommy; I'm just so tired.

Jule is definitely sick, but not with chicken pox as far as I can tell. His nose is terribly stuffy and a little runny, and he is feeling miserable. You can see it in his eyes. He cried off and on all through the night. Not to the point that I had to go in and console him, but just enough to wake me up so I knew he was uncomfortable. I checked Noly over last night, and she had a few more bumps. The older ones are looking good and are not itching, so that's good. She is still acting very hyper and naughty, so I'm guessing she is not feeling that great either. I'm so spent from not only 3 weeks non-stop of taking care of sick children but also having either a migraine or a headache for 23 days straight now. It's really, really frustrating. And Kevin is out of town, so I am doing this alone right now.

After a really rough night, I left the house this morning and forgot my cell. So, I turned around and got it and left again. As I pulled out onto the main road to get out of our subdivision, I got pulled over while still in our subdivision. The officer was really nice and knocked the ticket down for me, but this is just all too much on top of each other. Please renew my strength, God.

I have been thinking a lot about II Corinthians 12:9a, "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness..." I'm feeling very weak, and I have been looking for God's grace in these difficult circumstances. This morning, I felt God's grace when the officer only ticketed me for going 5 over instead of the actual 15. He told me he never gives people a break in neighborhoods, but he did for me...and I didn't even ask. I had no excuse, just wasn't paying attention. I also see God's grace in the Pediatrician He has given us. He has gone above and beyond his job to help us out, and he has been there for us through all of these sicknesses. I am very thankful for His grace, and I know that, somehow, His grace and strength will get me through.

No comments: