Monday, June 21, 2010

Chicken Pox

No, I am not kidding. Yes, my child has chicken pox. Noly had some strange spots on Thursday, and by Saturday, they were looking very similar to the pictures of chicken pox on the internet. We kept her home from church Sunday just in case, and the Pediatrician confirmed it this morning. My little princess has chicken pox : ( She had a vaccination at 1 year and then again at 4 years, so it is a very light case. She is a little itchy and has a very low fever but is generally fine. We really hope Jule does not get it since he had his 1-year vaccine. He is just getting over hand, foot and mouth and doesn't need anything else!

Since Jule was born, we just can't seem to catch a break from sickness/migraines/Jule's reflux. I looked at Kevin last weekend and said, "Do you feel like it never stops or is it just me?" He agreed he felt like there's never a break. It can feel so overwhelming because you just want your babies to feel good and you want to feel good.

I was reading in Psalm 91 today. Verse 4 stuck out at me. "...his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." My mind immediately went back to December 15, 2008. My 5-month-old Jule was rushed to the ER by ambulance with complicated croup. He was struggling to breathe even after two breathing treatments in the ambulance. Once they determined that his breathing was not good enough to go home, they admitted him. He fell sound asleep in the little hospital crib, and as I sat beside him, I spoke Psalm 91 over him.

It made me think about how God is no different today than at that very moment. His faithfulness has kept me through some very scary, very difficult situations. I am having to learn to rely on His faithfulness as my defense, as my place of safety...to shield me from this life's harshness. He was so faithful to bring me these two gifts, and He will be faithful to guard and keep them. I still pray that health comes our way, but I am so thankful that He is a Faithful God!

1 comment:

Helene said...

I'm so sorry to hear Noly has chicken pox!! And even more surprised since she's had the vaccine...but thankfully it's just a light case. Still...though, you all deserve a break!!