Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Hate Lice : (

So, while Jule's little nose was still running away but his cough was better, Kevin and I both woke up with horrible colds Saturday morning. The kind where you can barely move, where your whole body aches and it hurts to swallow...yeah, that kind. We made it through the weekend by sitting on the couch and watching DVDs with the kids.

Saturday, I noticed Noly scratching her head. I thought it was from her chicken pox healing since she was only 10 days out from her first symptoms. I kept looking and didn't see anything. Then, Monday night, I looked up "scalp itching after chicken pox" and found nothing. I then entered "Lice," grabbed a flashlight, and headed up to her room knowing what to look for. Sure enough, she has lice!!! Gross!!!

We worked on her hair from then until midnight with the Walmart brand lice shampoo. It worked some, but she kept itching. I took her to the doctor yesterday, and they gave me a prescription lice shampoo. A friend helped me with it last night, and I think it took 2-2.5 hours instead of 4. It seems to have worked much better because she is not itching anymore, but I am on guard. I've bagged the toys, vacuumed, thrown out brushes, washed everything detachable in hot water, and now I wait to see what happens. I have a migraine now, probably from all of the stress and absolute lack of rest while I'm already sick.

I'M SO EXHAUSTED! I'm going to try to rest, but I hate missing work. My head hurting makes it impossible to go look at all the little numbers on the spreadsheets, so I guess sleep wins out. Please pray for us. We need it!

No comments: