Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Something New for the New Year

Last night, I had Jule sitting on the floor in front of me so he could play with his Jungle toy. Usually, he slumps forward, and that is how he kind-of sits up. Last night, he straightened his back! He sat for several minutes like that before he looked at something and started falling to the side. That means he should be sitting up soon! It will be so nice for him to sit up because it will help his reflux even more. He went to sleep again at 7 since I didn't let him have a nap in the evening, but he woke up screaming 3x before 9:30. I gave him Tylenol around 7:30 because Brenda said his gums felt swollen to her, so maybe it's teething pain. I let him cry it out the last two times, and he didn't last long. He did, however, roll to his back and couldn't get back to his stomach, so I had to go roll him over a couple of times. If I can get both kids in bed for good by 8, it would really help my sanity because I could have a little "me" time in the evenings. I am able to clean a little in the evenings while they both play here and there, which is a major improvement!

I'm going to end the new year with the Scripture that God impressed on my heart right before I got pregnant with Jule. Isaiah 43:18-19 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." He truly did make a way in the desert. He brought me two beautiful children in the midst of infertility and miscarriage. The past is done, the mourning is over, and it's a new day...it's a new year. Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: