Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Still Busy

Wow, it's been almost a week since I blogged. We have still been so busy, not really with anything new, just with keeping up. I went to the Neurologist last week and started a new migraine preventive med on Saturday. It's a blood pressure med that reduces the blood flow in your head, thus reducing migraines. Saturday through Monday were rough. I had nausea, insomnia, hot flashes and felt very weak. Yesterday, my body started adjusting better, and those side effects seem to be gone. I've not had a full-blown migraine since starting the meds, and with this weather, I normally would. I've only had some dull headaches that don't even merit taking Tylenol. Maybe the meds will stop the migraines altogether?!

Jule has been acting really screamy/fussy for the past few days again. He is going to bed, then waking up about 30 minutes later completely unhappy. The past two nights, I've given him Tylenol and let him cry it out. He usually lasts about 10 minutes, but Sunday night, he lasted 10 minutes several different times until we figured out that he needed Tylenol. I think he's teething since the doc said his ears were clearing up last week, and he just finished his antibiotic yesterday. We'll have to keep an eye on him. He is majorly drooling and chewing on everything, but he's been doing that for a month now, so I don't know.

I can't believe we leave for Indiana in just over a week. I'm scared that Jule will scream in the car, but we are going to try it at night. Maybe we can drive both Friday and Saturday nights all through the night....or even 7-3 each night if Jule will sleep. I don't expect Noly to be a problem. She's a good traveler now.

No comments: