Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Nice Evening with the Kids

Last night, Kevin was out of town, and I had a wonderful evening with the kids. Noly was happy & cute, and Jule was very content. Noly helped me cook chicken tenders and oven-baked french fries though she only ate two chicken tenders. I guess she just wasn't very hungry last night. Then, she was intent on dressing as a kitten, so we pulled out what we needed for her Halloween costume. She was a kitten for a few hours and even wanted to wear the costume to bed!

Jule played with his toys and watched Noly and I. Then, around 6:30, he got VERY tired. His little eyes were puffy, watery and red and he could barely hold his head up. I made him stay awake until 7:15 so he wouldn't just take a nap and then be up until 10 or 11. He drank his bottle at 7:15 and slept the rest of the night. I gave him green beans, and he loved them. I had only tried them once before because he got terrible gas from them, but that was over a month ago. This time, I didn't notice any extra gas or fussiness, so maybe they are a new food option for him.

Someone from Grace couldn't remember exactly who I was, so I went digging in the garage boxes and found my old photo albums. I took some pix of the old pix and posted them on Facebook. I had a nice time looking through the albums and remembering various occasions. Maybe I should grow my hair back out? It will take a long time if I do, and I'm not sure Kevin will like it. We'll see...I have a hair appointment on Saturday.

Today feels like a better day, and I'm just enjoying it!

No comments: