Friday, December 5, 2008

Busy Week

It's been an incredibly busy week. Monday, I came down with a stomach virus and a migraine. Kevin spent the day running back and forth between home, work, preschool and the babysitter. Then, he stayed home all evening to pretty much take care of the kids. I was feeling better Tuesday, so I told him to go ahead and work late. I had the kids alone Wednesday and Thursday, so I had no time to get online. On top of that, my work computer was infected with spyware and was a complete mess. Yesterday, I took both kids to the doctor for ear checks. I'm glad that both are doing fine.

Tonight, we are going to the Worship Arts Christmas Party at David & Pam's. Kathleen is keeping Noly, and we are taking Jule to the church for childcare. We feel like he has way less physical contact with kids and is less likely to get sick. Noly would love to play with the kids, but I'm afraid she would catch something.

Saturday, I plan to get some "me" time in the late morning. I really need some time to myself away from the kids after having them so much by myself this week. Last night, I had to take an Ativan again. Jule has not been his normal self ever since Thanksgiving, but he is improving as his ears improve.

Noly is becoming very conversational and is still peeing in the potty here and there. It's not consistent yet, but I'm sure she'll get the hang of it before long. Last night, she was a bit wild and chatty, so I told her to get 3 books and sit on the couch to read them while I ate. She did, and I was amazed how well she sat there still and quiet, reading the books to herself. We'll have to do that more often! I didn't have time to sit and read books to her last night, but we do try to every night when possible.

Jule is really grabbing for things right now. I have to watch my dinner plate when he is on my lap. He is also very interested in toys. I put new batteries in Noly's stuffed Einstein caterpillar last night, and he really liked listening to the noises it made. Ever since his vomiting episode on Saturday, he's been refusing solids. Brenda and I have both had to feed him a bite and quickly stick his bottle in his mouth so he won't spit it out. It takes SO much longer to feed him right now, but he needs the solids. Otherwise, he'd take a bottle every hour and a half. That's just too much milk! I bought matching Christmas pj's for the kids and I, and Jule completely fits in a 12 month sleeper already! He is so big!

Hopefully, this weekend will prove to be more relaxing than the week has been. Next weekend, I'll be singing, then my birthday will be the following Monday....busy, busy.

No comments: