Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Wow, Thanksgiving weekend was quite an event for us this year! Thanksgiving Day was glorious! We all got up around 7:30, and Noly and I put up the tree together while Jule watched from his exersaucer. Then, while he took a nap, we decorated the tree. It definitely has her touch this year, and I love it! Kevin organized the garage as he brought Christmas decorations in, and it looks so much better. We have a lot of room in there now! I even got to take a nap in our bed with Jule. It only lasted 20 minutes before he spit up all over our bed, but I so enjoyed it. I love cuddling with my last baby.

Friday, I watched Jade, Noly and Jule while Kevin helped Kathleen get her computer moved to her new apartment. That's when it all started...Jule started arching his back and crying hysterically. Saturday, I took him to the Doctor, and he had a double ear infection. Kevin and I were both on our last nerve from all the screaming, so we were exhausted by Saturday evening. We gave him the antibiotic at 2, then baby motrin at 6. At 7, he started throwing up and covered Kevin and himself, the chair, the wall, and the floor. I gave him a second bath, and he promptly fell asleep. We got to bed at 11 PM after cleaning up everything, playing with Noly and doing numerous loads of laundry. Jule woke up at 3 AM starving and threw up only once with that bottle. Kevin got up with him and pretty much had to hold him to keep him asleep after that. We ended up holding him all weekend whenever he needed a nap. I think laying down hurt his ears more. He was really good for Brenda yesterday, but he's been refusing solids since Saturday. I've just been giving him bottles instead.

All Sunday night, I was nauseous and felt feverish. I only had 2 hours of broken sleep because I kept waking up feeling awful. I woke up at 5 with a migraine, then ended up having a stomach bug on top of that all day and evening. Kevin did a wonderful job with the kids last night, and I helped whenever I wasn't in the bathroom. I'm feeling better this morning. I have another migraine, but I think it's from dehydration. Hopefully, tonight will be an easier night for all of us!

We found out that Jule weighs 20 lbs! That's 2 lbs more than I weighed at 1 year, and he's not even 5 months yet. What a chunker! Noly is 32 lbs, so I wonder how long it will take him to pass her up. Yesterday morning, she woke up while Kevin was taking Jule to Brenda's. I had her chocolate milk (Kawakee) waiting in a cooler by the bed, so she got in bed with me and drank her milk and watched Disney. She snuggled really close to me and said, "I love you." She is SO sweet and so caring when I'm not feeling well. Her tender heart is difficult to deal with when she gets in trouble because she cries over everything, but it is so refreshing to see it at other times. She was telling Kevin she missed me whenever I was in the bathroom last night. They are so precious to me, and I'm really missing them today.

No comments: